I'm still at 1000+ unread items in Google Reader, so I won't be caught up any time soon. These cursed 9/15 and 10/15 deadlines are such a nuisance.
As the days tick by, I imagine myself being summarily dropped from the list of tax bloggers anyone cares to follow. I'd like to be part of the cool tax crowd, but may not yet have what it takes. Perhaps when this house gets sold and my kids are out of diapers, I'll have a shot.
Today I figured I'd mention a few posts that have caught my eye:
- Paul Caron reports that Tax Analysts presented President Obama's task force with 32 essays from top tax minds on tax reform. I admit I'm eagerly awaiting the task force's recommendations in December.
- A great new blog, Bed Buffaloes in your tax code, discusses Tax software and barriers to entry: are tax pros more like physicians or more like hair braiders? I'm always comparing my profession as a CPA to that of a physician, but maybe I'm wrong!
- I'm with The Wandering Tax Pro when it comes to TV, as he posts in "If I Had my Druthers."
- Yet another Obama nominee with tax trouble... seriously? Paul Caron posts "Home Office Deduction Trips Up Treasury Department Nominee."
- And a quick thank you to The Wandering Tax Pro for mentioning a recent post on my companion blog, Confessions of a CPA.